Stembridge Mill (NT) Windmill Road, High Ham TA10 9DJ
Currently closed till further notice
Stembridge Mill purchased for £500 in 1910 by Dr. Hugh Hale Leigh Bellot (1860-1928), a London lawyer, and used as his family's summer residence. In 1969, the mill was bequeathed to the National Trust by Professor Hugh Hale Bellot (1890-1969), surviving son of Dr. Hugh Hale Leigh and Beatrice Bellot.
Lt. Bryson Bellot 1893-1918 (Second Lieutenant North Somerset Yeomanry) c1917, son of Dr Hugh Hale Leigh and Beatrice Bellot
Prof. Hugh Hale Bellot c1917 and c1960, son of Dr Hugh Hale Leigh and Beatrice Bellot
Dr and Mrs Bellot also commissioned architect Philip Tilden to design the gateway to the NT Turn Hill site purchased then gifted to the NT as a memorial to their son Bryson. Tilden was also commissioned to design High Ham Village Hall when it was converted from a barn.
October 1912 sketches and plans* for Stembridge Mill Cottage by friend of the Bellot family, architect Philip Tilden. The plans were never fulfilled.
* Sketches and plans - Somerset Archives